5S AREAS BEHIND THE BUILDING
May 5 through 8, 2003
Team members: Raul Hernandez, Stacey Kirkindoll, Roberto
Rojas, Jimmy Choate
This event took a total of 120 hours to complete.
(SEE - before, during and after pictures below)
- Hauled off I beams that had been stored out back for 20 years
- Sorted, organized and tarped machine components
- Scrapped old baskets
- Removed three large dumpster loads of old stuff
SET IN ORDER
- Put autoladels in one area
- Put barloaders in one area
- Cleaned up all steel pipe and put on rack
- Straightened up empty barrel storage area
- Cleaned off dross trailer concrete pad
- Painted railings and manlifts
- Area totally picked up and organized
STANDARDIZE and SUSTAIN
- The 5S team has authority to determine where future items are to be stored out back and to monitor for dispositions.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS
- The area looks great and is more functional (before the 5S event the area look unorganized and junkie).
- Truck drivers can load from bay #4 with no problems (before it was difficult because of stuff being in the way).
Roberto, Stacey, Jimmy, Raul
left area after
middle area after
right area after
[back to 5S examples]