5S TO CREATE MORE DIE RACK SPACE
March 17 through 21, 2003
Team members: John Oxton, Billy Diviney, Enrique Diaz,
Jose' Santos, Joe Cedillo and David Floyd
This event took a total of 140 hours to complete.
- Rearranged racks (die cast dies, trim dies and finished goods) to create room for
new die racks.
- Set up 5 new die cast die racks
- Created labels and new die cast die location list
- Relabeled all die cast die racks
- Created more storage space for die cast dies
- Additional storage room for finished goods
- Finished goods were located closer to the shipping doors
to decrease truck loading time (loading time for a large
customer was reduced 30%)
[back to 5S examples]