MACHINING DEPARTMENT 5S
July 8-12, 2002
Team members: E.P. Popplewell, Pat Holley, Alvinetha Handy, Debbie Roach, Kent Frame
- Work table (pictures below) painted and organized with labels
- General cleaning and painting of machining areas
- CNC Lathe - mounted fan (improved work area)
- Installed electric plug-ins eliminating many extension cords
This event took a total of 120 hours to complete.
Some of the benefits:
- Easier to find tools
- Work table improvements will save considerable time doing set-ups
- Found 10% more space in the machining area
Pictures taken before the 5S event
cabinet is messy
Which drawer is it in?
Same cabinet as above after the 5S event.
Click here for other pictures taken of the 5s event.
[back to 5S examples]