Notes for meeting held on July 15, 2003
Attending: Jimmy Choate, Jerry Merwin, Mark Smario, Scott Daniel, Pat Burke
1. IDENTIFY (FIND PROBLEM)
Hydraulic fluid usage over budget.
2. EXPLOIT (DEFINE CAUSE(S) AND CURE(S))
1. Have no control. Reactionary not preventative.
2. Don't monitor often enough.
3. Some see it as a lower priority issue…Too concerned with Throughput.
4. Hydraulic fluid too available.
5. Valves now have O ring fittings, more hoses, more cylinders = more leak points.
6. Not enough people to fix leaks, not appropriating the time.
1. & 2. Generate a weekly usage report that indicates 165 gallons max. Jimmy C. to report each Monday in constraints meeting. (also SD and JM get a copy of the report)
3. Throughput and Operating Expense are both high priority. All need to subordinate to correct wasteful hydraulic leaks.
4. Do not make any changes (other cures should solve the problem).
5. Spend maintenance $'s to fix chronic leak points.
6. Prioritize leak fixing weekly. Jimmy C. to generate and distribute (SD, JM) monthly usage graph.
3. SUBORDINATE (INVOLVE\TRAIN OTHERS)
Copies of 5 Step Form to supervisors. Discuss 5 Step Form in constraints meeting.
4.&5. ELEVATE and INERTIA
Meet again in one month and review progress.