You know you're from Texas if:
- You measure distance in minutes.
- You've ever had to switch from heat to A/C in the same day.
- Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
- Stores don't have shopping carts; they have buggies.
- You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in
it no matter what time of the year.
- You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go to the store.
- All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit,
vegetable, grain, or animal.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
- You carry jumper cables in your car ... for your OWN car.
- You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe-hunting" are.
- You only own four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco
- You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
- You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.
- The local papers covers national and international news on one page
but requires 6 pages for sports.
- You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
- You find 90 degrees F. "a little warm".
- You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and
- You know whether another Texan is from south, east, west, or north
Texas as soon as they open their mouth.
- There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a population of 1,000 or
- Going to Wal-Mart is favorite past time known as "Goin' Wal-Martin"
or "Off to Wally World".
- Describe the first cool snap (below 50 degrees) as good chili
- A carbonated drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a "Coke",
regardless of brand or flavor.
You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from
[back to quote page]